Saturday, June 19, 2010

6 computers that need to network to 1 printer. What equipment I need. Will not be accessing the inte

This is going to be in a classroom. So dont want a bunch of wires running all over the place. None of the computers are going to be surfing the net. I just need the computers to connect to 1 printer. Not sure of what equipment to buy to network them all to the printer. The easiest way to network them. I know how to network them once I find what the equipment I need to buy.



6 computers that need to network to 1 printer. What equipment I need. Will not be accessing the internet?agv



The easiest way could be buying one 8-port hub (Dlink or 3com) and 6Xcat-5 net cables, then you should connect all PCs to HUB and Printer to one of the computers.



Then you have to define a workgroup between all computers, you should leave the computer connected to printer on everytime you want to use it by network (from other computers)



Let me know if you needed anymore helps



6 computers that need to network to 1 printer. What equipment I need. Will not be accessing the internet?antivirus software



for printer sharing, u need nothing more device.



Install driver in 1 computer and make printer as shared



afterall, the printer can be accessed from any computer within network. while printing from other computers, get path from shared computer address and send print to the shared printer.
this is what you need 1 router and if the other pcs are desktops 5 wireless usb adapeter's you can run 2.50+ computers off one router

No comments:

Post a Comment