Saturday, June 19, 2010

Connecting/Transfering files between computers without a lan?

I want to transfer files from my desktop to my laptop, I got the wire that looks like a ethernet cable but its for connecting computers to read eachother, I got it to play without having a lan line. the cable works so I guess all I need now is someone to show me how to transfer files with it!



Would someone please show me?



The wire works. I got it to play counterstrike and unrealtornament with someone on my laptop, Ive used it and Im pretty sure it will transfer the files if someone shows mw!



Connecting/Transfering files between computers without a lan?anti virus



If the rj45 wire is a crossover wire then it will work



You should have both computers on the same workgroup name



Right click my computer%26gt;properties



Make sure file and print sharing is turned on for both.



Right click network places(neighborhood%26gt;properties)



If not, then you can use the network wizard on both machines.



Once this is done right click the folders you want to share and choose sharing.



reboot everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment