Saturday, June 19, 2010

Dataviz Documents to Go Synchronization with Multiple Computers?

I'm trying to use Dataviz's Documents to Go to keep my Excel/Word/etc. files synchronized between multiple computers, but it is not working for me, so I'm wondering what I 'm doing wrong. I've looked on the web and at Dataviz's website, but can't solve it.



I set up my home computer's files to synch with my Palm Treo through Docs to Go, and it works fine. I then put Docs to Go on my laptop, and tried to sync with the Treo. It seems to sync, but when I look into it I'm having several problems:



- I have the files in subdirectories under my C:\ drive, not in the My Documents area. However, Docs to Go keeps trying to put the sync'd files back under My Documents, and doesn't update the ones under the C:\ drive



- when I make file changes, it doesn't seem to keep all the files the same (between the desktop, laptop, and Palm)



Can I use c:\ subdirectories? Can I make changes on any one of the machines and sync to all the rest? Docs to Go talks about "file translation"- what is that?



HELP



Dataviz Documents to Go Synchronization with Multiple Computers?adware remover



I would move the files into the directory Docs To Go syncs with. That should resolve your probelm. Isn't it a great program? I use it with the Palm Tungsten C and the Palm Life Drive.



You may also want to look for the latest upgrade to your program:



http://www.dataviz.com/products/index.ht...

No comments:

Post a Comment