Saturday, June 19, 2010

A time before cell phones, internet and computers?

Who remembers a time before cell phones, internet, and computers? Do you like living now with all this technology or would you rather go back to the good ole days when these things didnt exist? Please answer nicely because this is part of my Senior thesis before I graduate college this May!



I'm only 21...so for almost all my life I've had a computer in the house, the internet, and cell phone.....



A time before cell phones, internet and computers?aurora



I would rather living in the old days. Why?



I grew in a small town where technology is still not all 100% current. Before internet I used to meet people on the magazines鈥?posts and write letters to them all over the Country. It was nice I remember waiting for the mailman bringing me a new letter from someone that I wrote, but never met. Then we would exchange photos, post cards and even try to meet each other someday. That was a good time. Before cell phone I used to go to my friends鈥?house and surprise them with a nice and warm visiting, nowadays we just call. Kind of cold鈥?Before technology people were more connected and they new how to accommodate new visitors, nowadays everyone is afraid of everyone. No more talking, no more surprise visiting and no more patience in waiting for anything. I am very thankful to grow up in this small town which I still keep some of the tradition I miss. It would be nice if we would try at least once to really go out and talk to people, say good morning and not be afraid. However, I am 12 hours far away from my home town and the technology helps me keep in touch with the loved ones. It鈥檚 nice that actually I can talk to them, see them and listen to them. Make my life very easy. I remember last Thursday I got online with my friend and her living room was at least 10 of others friends that I have not seen for 7 years. That was the greatest moment of my life. We all cried when we saw each other, so I guess technology has its benefits and it is helpful, but sometimes that we have to realize that also there are other people around us looking for a warm and nice smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment