Saturday, June 19, 2010

What are my options for connecting two computers to one dsl line?

I have two computers, one upstairs and one downstairs, both connected to dsl. The one upstairs is connected through the dsl 2wire router and the one downstairs is connected using a wireless usb. My question is, is there another option to connecting the second computer directly. Can I just purchase another router and plug it into the phone line?



What are my options for connecting two computers to one dsl line?antispam



Another router will be a suitable resolve, as will a switch if you fancy saving yourself some money, the functionality of a router (to route IP's through the internet) is only needed once in your home so whilst it will fix your problem, theres no need to get one if a switch does the job just as well, heck, so will a hub (I'd recommend against a hub as they're a tenth of the speed of routers and switches).



What are my options for connecting two computers to one dsl line?avast



its impossible to do
You cannot have two routers on a single DSL line...It will not work....So dont waste ur money.....
Assuming you mean by 2 wire router that you only have one input and one output jack, then yes, if you buy another router with more ports you can replace the original one and directly connect both computers to that one router.

No comments:

Post a Comment