Saturday, June 19, 2010

How do I do a RE-INSTALLATION of my computers OPERATING SYSTEM?

I was told that I have a VIRUS and that it would be best for me to reinstall my computers OPERATING SYSTEM. But before doing so I needed to backup my files. I dont have the money to buy a Flash Drive, which is what they suggested that I buy but I DO NOT want to lose any of the info that I currently have on my computer (downloaded programs, pics, saved E-Mails, music etc.) My computer knowledge is next to nothing and I honestly have no idea where the hell to start!! Does anyone have any suggestions? Please dont be afraid to give lots of details!!



How do I do a RE-INSTALLATION of my computers OPERATING SYSTEM?adware



if u have no experience doing it you either need to get someone else to or get someone to talk u through it ...



How do I do a RE-INSTALLATION of my computers OPERATING SYSTEM?antivirus scan



Your options:



1. If you have a secondary drive (e.g. D), then you can transfer all your important data to that drive. When a computer is formatted, only the drive containing the operating system is emptied (usually C).



2. If you have a CD/DVD burner, any kind of external hard drive, you can backup your data there.



3. Use tools like Mozy.com to make backups online.



Hope that helped.
Do you have a CD/DVD burner? If so, you can back up your files that way.
If you have a CD/DVD Burner, it will help. If you have only one drive in your system, Then you need to back everything into Cd/DVDs or else, if you have secondary drives on your system, you can back it up to your other drives. For example the c: drive is the OS drive. if you have d: or e: you can backup your data to that drive alone and reinstall the OS on the C: drive alone. You need to format the c: drive and re-install the OS.
well, since you don't have much money, get a friend who has like an 80 gig ipod and put all you're info onto their ipod. Since you don't have the money for a flash drive, ask someone who may have like an external cd/dvd burner... a dvd burner would be better because it holds close to 4.7 gigs of info... only thing is since you have a windows vista, your computer should have it's own personal dvd cd burner. so get some discs and start burning everything you want saved. once you have everything saved, your computer should come with a re-installation cd for new computers only... that cd will bring your computer back to it's factory settings.. put the cd in the cd drive and restart your computer, once it restarts it'll check all the drives and it'll continue with the cd installation. Just follow the directions and make sure you do a full format instead of a quick one. Everything after that you should be able to follow directions.
its quite an easy process... but if you dont know...



install a good anti virus... scan them and remove them



and run sysytem mechanic thrice a week....



or else write your data on dvd..



dhruv
if you have a cd burner or dvd burner, try burning your data on that.



as for you emails, open up a yahoo, hotmail etc... and forward



you're e-mails to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment